Thursday, October 16, 2008

Disrespectful people...

So I understand that right now we are in the midst of an extremely passion filled election. I know that there are people on both sides that are fanatical and are doing everything that they can to get their candidate elected. That is all fine and dandy with me. What I cannot stand is the people who are so blatantly disrespectful to the candidate that they are not voting for supporters. I have an Obama bumper sticker on my car. Just like many other Obama supporters have. I've also seen a lot of people with McCain bumper stickers on their cars. I think that it is a wonderful way to show your support for your candidate. I've read a lot of reports about people getting their Obama signs stolen from in front of their house, or having their signs defaced with things like "KKK," "White Power," "NObama," etc. All of this makes me sick to my stomach. But yesterday I became the victim of that kind of disrespect. Someone used a sharpie pen on my Obama bumper sticker to write in a "N" in front of the "O" of Obama so that it would read "NObama". Now I'm a very passionate and emotional person. And people who know me know this well... And let's just say I ALMOST went on a rampage to deface McCain bumper stickers but I didn't... I just don't understand how people can be so disrespectful of other peoples property.... You have people walking onto someone else's property, uninvited, to deface their property, and now they are taking sharpie pens to someone's car to make their own statement!! I have an idea, why don't you spend the $1-$3 dollars on your own Obama bumper sticker and write the N in front of the O and place it on your own damn car!!! BUT LEAVE MY CAR ALONE!!! UUUUGGGGHHHH!!! Disrespectful and ignorant people really upset me... I just don't understand them... Can someone please explain their logic to me??

1 comment:

Jocelynn+ said...

Everyone feels entitled to whatever they want. If they can deface your property - why not? Since they disagree with it, don't they have a RIGHT to make it known on YOUR car? No, of course not. But we've deteriorated so much that this is where we are. The whole "it's all about me" thing. Actually, its not all about you, but no one knows that anymore.

Good for you - 2 wrongs don't make a right, and if you do the same thing you just stoop to their level and punish someone else. Someone keeps knocking down the No on Prop 8 sign outside the Belfry, and I just keep proping it back up. Annoying and wrong, but good people have to press on! :)